Clinics & Services
In addition to GP consultations the practice adheres to the General Medical Services Contract for the provision of healthcare services:
Chronic Illness Management
- Coronary heart disease
- Thyroid disease
- Blood pressure checks
- Blood tests
- Cervical smears
- Child health surveillance & vaccinations - a clinic is held on Thursday mornings between 10:00 - 12:00.
- Counselling - via a GP referral.
- Family planning - a comprehensive service is offered during normal surgery hours. Requests for the 'morning after pill' are dealt with by appointment only.
- Healthy man clinic
- INR monitoring - Appointments available with the nurse on Monday and Tuesday mornings.
- Maternity services - a midwife run antanatal clinic is held on Tuesday afternoons between 14:00 - 15:00 by appointment. Postnatal care will be arranged 6 weeks after the birth.
- Minor surgery - including cryotherapy, available after a doctor assessment. Cryotherapy is carried out on Monday afternoons.
- Smoking cessation
- Soft tissue injuries - joint injections/manipulation with Dr Johnston during surgery hours. Please note these procedures require a double appointment.
- Vaccinations and immunisations - including seasonal flu and travel.
- Weight management
- Well woman checks - including breast examinations and advice on HRT, menopause and sexual health.